May the Fourth Be With You and Talk Like a Pirate Day are among the most well-known examples of nerd holidays, but there are a lot more than these! Next year, I plan on celebrating as many of them as possible, so I compiled a list of the ones I’m interested in. Then, I thought, surely there are others who would be interested in them too, so I decided to share this list with all of you!
- March 4th – National Grammar Day
See? Grammar does matter!
- March 14th – Pi Day
3.14. Get it? Eat some pie.
- April 5th – First Contact Day
The first contact between humans and Vulcans
- April 18th – Velociraptor Awareness Day
Never let your guard down
- May 4th – Star Wars Day
May the Fourth be with you!
- May 25th – Towel Day
Never go anywhere without your towel
- July 2nd – World UFO Day
We’re not alone in the universe…
- August 24th – R.I.P. Pluto Day
When I was your age, Pluto was a planet!
- Sept. 19th – International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Sept. 20th – Unification Day & Capt. Mal’s Birthday –
Find an Alliance friendly bar for a quiet drink
- Sept. 22nd – Hobbit Day
Bilbo and Frodo’s birthdays
- Nov. 5th – Back to the Future Day
On this day, Doc invented the flux capacitor and made
time travel possible
- Last new moon in Autumn – Durin’s Day
Dwarvish new year
- Dec. 5th – Day of the Ninja
Be stealthy and stuff
What nerd holidays do you celebrate? Share in the comments below!